The Union Public Service Commission or UPSC is the body responsible for conducting the civil services exam every year in the country. Aspirants who desire to join the All India Services (IAS, IPS, IFS) or the Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ government services are applicable to register for this exam. Of all the competitive examinations held in the country, the IAS exam is believed to be one of the toughest to crack.
In the past few years, the competition has notably increased as the number of applications is in lakhs against a few hundred vacancies. Thus, thorough preparation is what makes one achieve their goal. It is also important to know that not just the preparation but also the entire course of recruitment can be an exhaustive process as it lasts for around a year.
It all begins with the release of official notification, followed by online registration, the release of UPSC admit card, conduction of written papers, result declaration, interviews and then the declaration of finally shortlisted candidates. A candidate needs to be patient and dedicated throughout this process to emerge successful.
Since the online registration process is also an integral part of the UPSC recruitment, discussed further below are the aspects of the application procedure for the reference of candidates.
Who all are eligible to apply?
A set of eligibility criteria is released by the conducting body in the official notification, and only the candidates who fulfil all of them are eligible to apply for the civil services examination. Refer to the same given below:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen
- Candidates must at least be 21 years of age and should not have attained the age of 32 years. There are specific relaxation applications for certain categories
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from Government recognised Universities or possess an equivalent qualification
How To Apply Online for UPSC 2022?
The online UPSC application contains a 2-part registration form:
Part 1 comprises basic details such as name, age, address etc.
Part 2 registration comprises the selection of the UPSC exam centre, payment of fees and uploading the photo, signature and ID proof.
Given below are the steps to be followed to fill in the application form:
- Go to the official website of the UPSC, www.upsc.gov.in and click on ‘Apply Online’
- Then choose the option for Part 1 registration
- Enter all the details and information required
- Ensure that all the fields marked with an asterisk (*) must mandatorily be filled
- Candidates are also required to upload a scanned copy of their photograph and signature
- Enter the exam centre carefully as it cannot be changed post the application has been successfully submitted
- All the information entered in the online registration form must be correct and thoroughly cross-checked as any discrepancy in the application can result in the cancellation of the candidate’s candidature
A separate form has to be filled once candidates qualify for the prelims exam. Here, they are required to enter details of their optional subjects, compulsory Indian Language for Civil Services Mains Examination and other required fields.
Important Dates for Online Registration
The Union Public Service Commission has released the official calendar with the tentative schedule for UPSC exams 2022. Based on the same, given below are the tentative dates for filling the application form for the upcoming civil services exam recruitment:
|Official Notification||February 2, 2022|
|Online Registration Begins||February 2, 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||February 22, 20211|
The prelims for the same shall be conducted on June 5, 2022, and the mains have been scheduled from September 16, 2022, onwards.
UPSC CSE Application Fee
All eligible applicants can fill in the registration fee through both online and offline mediums.
- Online Mode: Pay through net banking of State Bank of India or by Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card
- Offline Mode: Pay in cash at any State Bank of India branch with the help of the system generated challan and deposit the challan (pay-in-slip) at an SBI branch on the next working day only
The registration fee for the candidates is as given below:
Aspirants with any queries about UPSC online can contact the Commission through the contact details given below:
|E-mail address: email@example.com|
|UPSC Facilitation Counter Phone Number: 011-23098543/23385271/23381125/23098591|
The online application process is an integral part of the recruitment as it forms the basis of all the required information about a candidate’s personal self and academic qualification. Thus, every information entered in the form must be minutely cross-checked.
Though the Commission does not appreciate multiple applications, however, in case of any unwanted error in the application form, applicants can fill in the form again. But, the successfully submitted application with the highest registration number will only be considered by the conducting body.
All the details given below will guide candidates in completing their application procedure successfully and error-free.
Also Read: million views
Also Read: allcitynews.net
Also Read: bestpost.org
Also Read: techbizidea.com
Also Read Content